- Vote by Mail – If you feel more comfortable voting at home please go online at https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation and request that your ballot be mailed to your home. Once you receive your ballot please follow the instructions provided. For this election if you cannot obtain a witness signature you are not required to have one. Open Envelope A and using a black pen or marker vote your ballot. Fill in the information on Envelope B. Place your ballot inside Envelope B. Always place your voted ballot inside the postage paid envelope. Mail the envelope.
- Early Voting – Beginning September 18, 2020 you can vote in person at the Office of the General Registrar, 212 North Main Street, Bowling Green, VA 22427. This is in person voting. You must provide an ID to vote. No appointment is necessary. The office is open Monday-Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The building is closed daily for disinfection from 1-2 pm and no one is allowed inside to vote during that hour. The office is open two Saturdays, October 24 and 31 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for Early Voting.
- Vote on Election Day – November 3, 2020. Vote in person as you always have on Election Day at your precinct. The list of precincts is listed here https://co.caroline.va.us/DocumentCenter/View/1894/Caroline-County-Polling-Locations-With-Photos The polls are open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Who is on the ballot? See the Sample Ballots Below.
Please also look at the disqualification notice
for one of the Presidential Candidates.
Sample Ballots for the November 3, 2020 Election
If you choose to vote by mail you can now track your ballot – Follow the link below
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
Voters may apply to register to vote by going online to www.elections.virginia.gov. If you are already registered you do not need to register again. You can always check your status at the site above. Registering for the first time will require a Virginia issued DMV ID to complete the transaction online. If a voter does not have a Virginia issued DMV ID, they can print the application out and mail it to the Registrar’s Office at P.O. Box 304, Bowling Green, VA 22427. You will receive a voter registration card in about two weeks showing the precinct that you would normally vote at.
In the election process, the Registrar assists local candidates with forms and questions, checks and files forms for local election candidates and verifies needed petitions when required or requested. In supervising elections, the Registrar instructs Election Officers in their duties and responsibilities, obtains and delivers forms and supplies to polling places, and advises voters of their polling places and of any changes in polling places that may occur.
Other duties may be assigned by the State Board of Elections or county Electoral Board. The State Board of Elections establishes the salary for the General Registrar and annually reimburses the County for this expense.
If you received a notice from the Voter Participation Center (VPC) -or- The Center
for Voter Information (CVI) indicating you are not registered to vote, you may
confirm your voter registration information online through the Virginia
Department of Elections at:
Complaints for the Voter Participation Center (VPC) can be directed to them at:
877-255-6750 -or- 202-420-3034
Complaints for The Center Voter Information (CVI) can be directed to them at:
Become an Officer of Election & lend a hand for democracy!
- Ballot Drop Boxes for the 2020 General Election
- November 3, 2020 General Election Important Dates to Remember (PDF)
- Official Notice of an Election to be Conducted in Caroline County on November 3, 2020
- Notice to Carmel Church Precinct Voters
- Election District Map (PDF)
- Representatives (PDF)
- Seasonal Employment Opportunity - Officer of Election (PDF)
- VA House of Delegate Districts (PDF)
- Voting Precincts (PDF)
- Caroline County Polling Locations With Photos