The General Registrar of the County provides registration services to all qualified citizens who wish to become registered voters in the State of Virginia. The Registrar is appointed by the County Electoral Board for a term of four years. In fulfilling his/her duties, the Registrar maintains voter records, assists in voter registration drives, and supervises both primary and general election polling booths for local, state, and federal elections. The Registrar will also assist voters in moving their voter registration from one precinct or locality to another.
In the election process, the Registrar assists local candidates with forms and questions, checks and files forms for local election candidates and verifies needed petitions when required or requested. In supervising elections, the Registrar instructs Election Officers in their duties and responsibilities, obtains and delivers forms and supplies to polling places, and advises voters of their polling places and of any changes in polling places that may occur.
Other duties may be assigned by the State Board of Elections or county Electoral Board. The State Board of Elections establishes the salary for the General Registrar and annually reimburses the County for this expense.
If you received a notice from the Voter Participation Center (VPC) -or- The Center
for Voter Information (CVI) indicating you are not registered to vote, you may
confirm your voter registration information online through the Virginia
Department of Elections at:
Complaints for the Voter Participation Center (VPC) can be directed to them at:
877-255-6750 -or- 202-420-3034
Complaints for The Center Voter Information (CVI) can be directed to them at:
Become an Officer of Election & lend a hand for democracy!
- Commonwealth of Virginia Signed Order to Call Primary June 9, 2020 (PDF)
- Important Deadlines and Dates for the March 3, 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary (PDF)
- Notice to Carmel Church Precinct Voters March 3, 2020 Democratic Primary (PDF)
- March 2020 Democratic Presidential Primary Order
- Notice to Carmel Church Precinct Voters
- Election District Map (PDF)
- Representatives (PDF)
- Seasonal Employment Opportunity - Officer of Election (PDF)
- VA House of Delegate Districts (PDF)
- Voting Precincts (PDF)
- Caroline County Polling Locations With Photos