Caroline County, Virginia
For positions within the Sheriff's Department please click here http://www.carolinesheriff.org/employment.html
For positions with other Caroline County Businesses click here www.visitcaroline.com/jobhotline.html
All online applications are in .pdf format. To view these files you need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not currently have the reader, you can download a free copy by clicking the link above.
Commercial Driver's License Supplemental Form,
(To be used, if applicable, with Caroline County Government Application)
Business Support Clerk
Caroline County Commissioner of the Revenue's Office is seeking a Business Support Clerk. This position will perform responsible, professional and technical work in assisting with business tax assessments. Responsibilities also will be required performing related work.
- Must be able to proficiently use a computer to communicate electronic data with experience in spreadsheets and word processing.
- Working knowledge of basic mathematical principles.
- The ability to apply Caroline County/Virginia tax laws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Two years college with emphasis on accounting and/or business is preferred.
- Two years general experience in maintaining computer records, general office duties, use of office equipment, filing, business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Experience in customer service required. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must have ability to work cooperatively with others in a team style and to work under pressure during peak workload periods.
- Education must be equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Position requires a signed statement of confidentiality.
- Must be hands on, physically fit, able to lift 30 pounds, and walk properties to verify an assessment issue.
Applications may be obtained from the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office, 212 N. Main St., Bowling Green, Virginia, 22427, and (804) 633-9834. County applications on the county web site are accepted. Applications should be returned to the Commissioner’s Office, PO Box 819, Bowling Green, VA. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The Commissioner’s Office/Caroline County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Caroline County Department of Public Works is accepting applications for a Solid Waste Site Attendant. This is a part-time, semi-skilled position with the primary responsibility of overseeing the daily operation of the solid waste convenience site. This position works during inclement weather conditions, on holidays and weekends, as well as variable shifts. High School diploma or equivalent with two years of work experience preferred. Interested candidates should submit a completed county application, to HR Manger, Pamela Viera at P.O. Box 447, Bowling Green, Virginia 22427 or fax to (804) 633-4970. Applications may be obtained from the County Administrator’s Office or online.
Caroline County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
General Description: This is a sworn appointment by the Caroline County Electoral Board. The incumbent enforces and safeguards the election process by the Virginia Code §24.2 to ensure a fair and impartial election.
Organization: The Caroline County Electoral Board is responsible for conducting elections in Caroline County. The County of Caroline currently operates 12 voting precincts. Approximately 100 election officials serve during each election representing the Democratic and Republican Parties. The Office of the General Registrar and Electoral Board of Caroline County strive to promote the highest level of service to the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia by providing equitable opportunities to register and vote; and by maintaining accurate records relating to voter registration, elections, election officials, and candidates. We are committed to promoting democracy and public trust in our endeavors to ensure fair and impartial elections.
Duties: This will include but not limited to:
- Assisting in certifying the number of votes cast at the precinct
- Attending all required training
- Demonstrating voting equipment
- Issuing ballots to voter
- Setting up and closing the polls
- Superior customer service
- Be a United States citizen and registered voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Be 18 years of age by the next general election
- Have had your voting rights restored if you have ever had been convicted of a felony
- Have had your capacity restored if you have ever been declared mentally incapacitated in a Circuit Court
- No special education or experience necessary
- We will train you. Training sessions are held prior to each election. The Secretary of the Electoral Board will provide information.
- Election Officials are required to attend instructional training prior to each election to receive the most up-to-date information available to assist them in their duties at the polls.
Special Conditions: Election officials must provide their own transportation.
Hours to Work: 5:00 a.m. until the last ballot is counted. The polls are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All election officials must report to the polls by 5:00 a.m. and remain until results are reported to the Caroline County Electoral Board after the polls close at 7:00 p.m.
Compensation: Services as an Election Official of Caroline County are $120 per day and compensation for training.
For more information inquire at the Caroline County Registrar’s Office at 212 North Main, Bowling Green, VA 22427 or call (804)633-9083. Click here for an application to apply for Officer of Election. Note: Please fill out this application to apply for Officer of Election, not a County of Caroline regular employment application.
We Could Use Your Assistance. If interested contact us at 804-633-7277 for more information